The Amalfi Coast is widely considered Italys most scenic stretch of coastline, a landscape of towering bluffs, pastel-hued villages terraced into hillsides, corniche roads, luxuriant gardens, and expansive vistas over turquoise waters and green-swathed mountains. Deemed by UNESCO as an outstanding example of a
Taghit is a town and commune. Taghit lies on the left (eastern) bank of the Oued Zouzfana. The Grand Erg Occidental, a large area of continuous sand dunes, lies to the east, while the rocky Djebel Baroun lies to the west across the river. Taghit has a hot desert climate with extremely hot summers and cool winters, and very little precipitation throughout the year. The town was the site of the Battle of Taghit in 1903, in which 4000 Zayanes Berbers besieged the French in the town, whom they outnumbered by 10 to 1. The attackers were later forced to retreat.
Matera. The town lies in a small canyon, which has been eroded in the course of years by a small stream, the Gravina. Known as "la Città Sotterranea" (the Subterranean City), Matera is well known for its historical center called "Sassi", consideredWorld Heritage Site byUNESCO since 1993, along with the Park of the Rupestrian Churches. Matera was declared Italian host of European Capital of Culture for 2019. Matera has gained international fame for its ancient town, the "Sassi di Matera" (meaning "stones of Matera"). The Sassi are houses dug into the calcareous rock itself, which is characteristic of Basilicata and Apulia. The ancient town grew in height on one slope of the ravine created by a river that is now a small stream. The ravine is known locally as "la Gravina". In the 1950s, the government of Italy forcefully relocated most of the population of the Sassi to areas of the developing modern city.
Hawes is a small market town and civil parish in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England, that was granted its market charter in 1699. Historically in the North Riding of Yorkshire, Hawes is located at the head of Wensleydale in the Yorkshire Dales, the River Ure runs to the north of the town and is regarded as one of the honeypot tourist attractions of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The parish of Hawes also includes the neighbouring hamlet of Gayle. It is 31.2 miles (50.2 km) west of the County Town of Northallerton.
Noravank ("New Monastery" in Armenian) is a 13th-century Armenian monastery, located 122km from Yerevan in a narrow gorge made by the Amaghu river,.The gorge is known for its tall, sheer, brick-red cliffs, directly across from the monastery. The monastery is best known for its two-storey Surp Astvatsatsin (Holy Mother of God) church, which grants access to the second floor by way of a narrow stone-made staircase jutting out from the face of building. The monastery is sometimes called Noravank at Amaghu, with Amaghu being the name of a small and nowadays abandoned village above the canyon, in order to distinguish it from Bgheno-Noravank, near Goris. In the 13th–14th centuries the monastery became a residence of Syunik's bishops and, consequently. a major religious and, later, cultural center of Armenia closely connected with many of the local seats of learning, especially with Gladzor's famed university and library.