Taşköprü

Taşköprü (literally:Stone bridge) is a combined regulator dam and bridge. The dam was commissioned by Ottoman Grand Vizier Mehmed Ferid Pasha of Vlorë (in office 1903–1908), (Turkish: Avlonyalı Ferid Paşa). The 42 m (138 ft)-long and 6.35 m (20.8 ft)-wide ashlar-masonry combined dam-bridge structure has two

level of 15 arches and floodgates. Taşköprü is used today as a pedestrian bridge only. With effect on July 12, 1980, the historic monumental structure was put under protection by the Cultural and Natural Heritage Protection Board.

, Τουρκία
Login to post comments