Derawar fort was first built in the 9th century AD by Rai Jajja Bhati. In the 18th century, the fort was taken over by Muslim. It was later rebuilt in its current form in 1732 by the Abbasi ruler Nawab Sadeq Muhammad, but in 1747 the fort slipped from their hands. Nawab
Mubarak Khan took the stronghold back in 1804. 1,000 year-old catapult shells were found in the debris near a decaying wall in the fort. Nawab Sadeq Muhammad Khan Abbasi V, the 12th and last ruler of Bahawalpur state, was born in the fort in 1904. This historically significant fort presents an enormous and impressive structure in the heart of the Cholistan desert, but it is rapidly deteriorating and in need of immediate preventive measures for preservation.
Unnamed Road , Derawar, Πακιστάν
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Login to post comments