The Villa di Tiberio is a large Roman villa , which belonged to the Roman emperor Tiberius in the 1st century AD. The villa consisted of several buildings arranged on terraces facing the sea. The villa itself preserves a series of rooms around a porticoed courtyard, including
service areas, which have been renovated several times, a furnace and an oven for baking bread. The adjacent cave includes a large main cavity, preceded by a large rectangular basin (fish pond) with sea water, in the center of which an artificial island was built which housed the summer caenatio (dining room). The pool communicated with a circular pool (diameter of 12 m), located inside the cave, where the group of Scylla had been placed.
Via Flacca km 1161, Sperlonga, 04029, Ιταλία
Login to post comments